Vaccine Appointment Scheduling
Updated on 1/13/2022
Scheduling vaccines for children ages 5-11 is now available
Hoag is committed to supporting our patients and community with the COVID-19 vaccination efforts. Currently we are only scheduling and administering vaccines for 5 years and older, which is in accordance with the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have authorized booster shots of any available COVID-19 vaccine to eligible individuals who completed primary vaccination with either the Moderna or Johnson & Johnson inoculations, a strategy referred to as “mix and match.”
Eligible individuals include:
- Immunocompromised patients are eligible for a third dose at least four weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.
- Individuals who received the Pfizer vaccine for their primary series at least 5 months ago, and who are 12 years or older, can receive a booster vaccine.
- Individuals who received the Moderna vaccine for their primary series at least 5 months ago, and who are 18 years or older, can receive a booster vaccine.
- Individuals who received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for their primary vaccine dose at least 2 months ago, and who are 18 years or older, can receive a booster vaccine.
Currently we are only administering the
Those who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine will have two options to schedule appointments at Hoag including:
- Schedule directly through Hoag Connect MyChart. If you are a patient of Hoag Medical Group (HMG), Newport Family Medicine (NFM) or Hoag Concierge Medicine (HCM) and have not already activated your Hoag Connect MyChart account, please activate your account by visiting www.HoagConnect.org/MyChart/signup. If you need help with Hoag Connect MyChart, please email [email protected].
- Patients with an active Hoag Connect MyChart account click the orange button to schedule your appointment.
- Hoag welcomes the community to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine by clicking the blue button below to schedule your appointment
Hoag Connect MyChart Account Users
If you have an existing Hoag Connect MyChart account, click here.
Community Guests 12+ years of age
To schedule a vaccine for a patient 12+ years of age as a guest,
please click here.
Community Guests 5-11 Years of Age
To schedule a vaccine for a children 5-11 years of age as a guest,
please click here.
What do I need to do to prepare for my appointment?
- Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your scheduled visit.
- Bring your government-issued photo ID and insurance card.
- Minors without a government-issued photo ID may bring a birth certificate.
- Only one person may support you at your appointment.
- If this is your second, third or booster dose, please bring your vaccine card.
- Anyone under the age of 18 needs to be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Do not take over-the-counter medication (Tylenol, Advil, Motrin) before your vaccination; it can make the vaccine less effective.
Additionally, Hoag is offering vaccine clinics in the community at the following locations:
- Hoag Fly Well Clinic at John Wayne Airport. The clinic is open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., and vaccines are offered Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. while supplies last. The clinic is providing the Johnson & Johnson vaccine to adults 18 and older. No appointments are needed. Walk-ins are welcomed. Contact Hoag Fly Well Clinic at 949-557-0666 with any questions.